How about a quick little Halloween recap! Which is really like a month of October fun recap!
We wore our Halloween jams and read all our favorite spooky books.
We were on Fox 2 News with the Magic House! Watch our clip on YouTube here.
I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.
Fall weather has FINALLY arrived in the midwest and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I thought I’d share my five favorite things about fall with you today!
1. Crockpot Sundays – BTR and I love to make a big meal in the crockpot on Sunday (think chili) and let it cook all day while we play with the boys and watch football. Then we also have leftovers all week. It’s the best!
2. Sweaters and jeans – especially this new set I just received from prAna. This is the Aya sweater and I’m absolutely in love with it. The buttons on the sleeves are my favorite part, but the fleeced lined cuffs are a close second. I love the mission behind prAna and that they offer sustainable, recycled, and fair trade clothing. And they pretty much have something for everyone. I’m also wearing the Kara jeans and I LOVE the deep cuff on them, which can also be rolled down. I’ll definitely be pairing them with my new booties I just bought!
3. Hot coffee – I’ve been on a major cold brew coffee kick all summer long. But yesterday morning it was finally chilly enough to make me crave some hot coffee. It definitely hit the spot.
4. All things pumpkins – and I do not mean pumpkin spice. Because no that is not my favorite flavor (don’t hate me). But decorating with pumpkins? Gimme more! I don’t think you can ever have enough pumpkin decor. Ever.
5. Crisp weather and bold colors – I feel like I just breathe better when the air is crisp. And I think the boys agree with me! They’ve been in a better mood lately (which you never know when that can change with toddlers) and we’ve been enjoying more time outside playing in the backyard and taking family walks around the neighborhood. Because soon (probably too soon) it will be too cold to even go outside!
And because the folks at prAna are so awesome, they sent me this code for 15% off your entire order on their website. Use code “MMLRF17” soon, it expires 11/17/2017!
To find prAna clothing where you live, check out the store locator.
p.s. Definitely come back tomorrow if you want to know what’s in my cocktail glass! :)
If you know me at all, you know my love of holiday-themed books is strong. And by strong, I mean ridiculous and out of control. But I love it so I’ll keep on buying and reading allllll the Halloween books. Luckily the boys agree with me! I shared our first round of favorites HERE last year, so this list is an add-on to that list!
What a weekend! We jam packed our Saturday full of Oktoberfest fun (x2!) and I think we were all ready for a break Sunday!
Anheuser-Busch invited us to come hang out at their Oktoberfest that was taking place all weekend. We decided to go over Saturday morning right when it opened and it was perfect weather!
We had the most wonderful weekend full of no plans. And the next few weekends are already looking pretty busy, so it was nice not having anywhere we HAD to be.
A few weeks ago at the ACS event we attended BTR and I bought a gift card to a restaurant in Edwardsville called Cleveland-Heath. We’ve been wanting to eat there FOREVER so it just made sense to buy the gift card in the auction. Well about a week ago they announced that the chefs sold the restaurant and were moving to Utah. Cue my panicking because I really wanted to eat there because one of the chefs was a James Beard Semifinalist (restaurant nerd!!). Well we found out he would still be there for a few weeks so we decided to go Friday instead of for my birthday in November.
Y’all, we ordered SO MUCH FOOD. You may have seen it all on my IG stories, but we just decided to order half the menu. A pork belly appetizer, a okonomiyaki appetizer, a giant kale salad, pozole (soup), a BLT, and a pork porterhouse. Oh and don’t forget the beignets for dessert. DO NOT forget the beignets. They were delicious. And here’s some terrible shots with text from IG stories because I know you want to see it all.
We also had some amazing cocktails and BTR also ordered a pour of Weller 12 to have with the beignets. Basically it was the best meal ever and I was stuffed.
And according to everyone on FB I was having the best hair night ever. And sadly the only picture I have is this grainy black and white selfie. But I’ll take it. :)
We woke up somewhat early Saturday and decided to head to the St. Louis Zoo since the weather was basically perfect. We like to go early to beat the crowds and to get a free parking spot on the street. Which by the way, they finished construction on the street in front of the zoo and the parking spots and side walks are awesome!
The boys had so much fun checking out all the animals, we hadn’t been to the zoo in forever!
Jude is obsessed with taking pictures and kept stealing BTR’s phone.
We were just going to grab some McDonald’s to eat in the car after the zoo, but we drove past the Hi-Pointe Drive-In and I saw four open tables on the patio and two parking spots. We promptly pulled in and ordered some lunch!
We ran a couple of errands and then headed home to relax the rest of the day. Saturday night BTR and I watched Hidden Figures because it was on HBO and we both loved it!
Sunday morning we ran to the grocery store for supplies to make dinner in the crock pot and then came home and the boys and I played while BTR worked in the shop. It’s finally cool enough for him to be out there during the day. I also was able to get my iPhone screen fixed that I cracked the week before! So thankful for tech-savvy friends so it didn’t cost me a fortune.
That afternoon I headed out to run a couple errands and I bought some more Rubbermaid food storage because I’m legit obsessed with it. Totally not sponsored, just love.
I came home and we all hung out on the back patio and I read my book and BTR and I both had a drink! :)
The boys ended up eating dinner outside on their picnic table, seriously so cute.
BTR and I watched some TV and headed to bed early on Sunday!
We had the best and most relaxing weekend! I’m totally not ready for Monday, but we have some fun things planned next weekend to look forward to!
Copyright © 2019 · Theme by 17th Avenue