Today I’m sharing a fun and easy Easter treat using Rice Krispies Cereal!
Want to watch me make this recipe? I was on Show Me St. Louis with Dana Dean and Anthony Slaughter to share this recipe!
I experimented with a few different ingredient amounts and landed on the perfect combination! This is a smaller sized recipe. I usually make the recipe 2 or 3 times using different colors and add-ins each time.
3 tablespoons butter
3 cups mini marshmallows
3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Optional Add-Ins: food coloring, sprinkles, and Easter M&M’s
*This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled!
1. Spray a large pot with cooking spray. This makes mixing easier! Melt your butter on low heat in the pan.
2. Once butter is melted add the mini marshmallows. Stir to combine with butter and keep stirring till they melt!
3. Turn off the heat when fully melted. This is when you can add your food coloring! I would say add more than you think! :)
3. Once food coloring is completely stirred in add your Rice Krispies Cereal and stir till combined. If you’re adding sprinkles, add them with the cereal.
4. I like to transfer the mixture to a new bowl to let it cool. It’s easier to shape your eggs if the mix isn’t too hot and sticky.
5. Once cooled (about ten minutes) Grab your plastic eggs and start molding! You could shape with your hands, I just found it easier and more uniform to use plastic eggs.
Or you can use larger plastic eggs and make a little hole inside and add treats like Easter M&M’s! The boys love finding surprises in the big eggs and are begging me to make more! As much fun as the colored eggs are, I really love the way the sprinkles pop against the plain cereal!
Shop everything to make these eggs:
Pin This Recipe For Later: