This post may contain affiliate links
Right before Christmas I got a cold. And I just could not kick it. So I finally took the advice of social media and ordered a Medicine Ball at Starbucks. And holy cow it was amazing. Did it cure me? Ehhhhhh, I’m not a doctor. But I can say it tasted delicious and made me feel better in the moment.
So while I cannot make a latte at home to save my life, I CAN bust out this tea recipe like nobody’s business. Now at Starbucks this drink is made with Teavana teas, but our closest Teavana store is in STL and when I was feeling a little under the weather this week I didn’t have time to drive over there. Target to the rescue and I found these Tazo teas with very similar ingredients to the two teas used at Starbucks.
8 ounces water
8 ounces lemonade
1 Tazo Organic Peachy Green Tea Bag
1 Tazo Refresh Mint Tea Bag
1 Tablespoon Honey
Optional: Starbucks includes a pump of peppermint so you could possibly add a drop of peppermint essential oil. I think the mint tea does enough of the job though!
1. Heat the 8 ounces of lemonade. I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
2. Heat the 8 ounces of water. I just put my cup under my Keurig and brew 8 ounces of hot water.
3. Combine hot water and lemonade. I use my 20 ounce stainless steel tumbler. It’s large enough to fit all the liquid and it keeps my drink hotter longer!
4. Add the tablespoon of honey and stir to make sure it’s dissolved.
5. Add both Tazo Tea Bags and steep for at least 5 minutes. I then leave the tea bags in the entire time I’m drinking it!
Hopefully you don’t catch a cold anytime soon, but if you do try this tea and let me know if it makes you feel better!
Pin this recipe for later!