This post is in partnership with Prairie Farms. This post contains affiliate links.
Creating holiday traditions is such a fun part about having kids. I remember different things I did with my mom every year and how I looked forward to them every holiday season.
I love starting new traditions with the boys. One thing we always do on Thanksgiving and Christmas morning is take it very slow and have breakfast prepped the night before so we can easily put into the oven that morning to bake. Last year I made this recipe for Christmas and it was *chef’s kiss* delicious! Cranberries are the perfect seasonal ingredient and paired with ooey gooey creamy cream cheese I can’t think of anything I’d rather eat on a slow holiday morning!
We made this recipe again this year for Thanksgiving and it was just as delicious as I remembered. I always love using Prairie Farms cream cheese and milk in my recipes. As you know we love Prairie Farms! It is farmer owned and locally produced, so when you purchase Prairie Farms products you’re supporting a local farmer
Cheer starts here! Click here to learn more about how Prairie Farms is your go to source for all things entertaining this holiday season and for a chance to win one of their weekly dairy prize packages!
I’m sure all the dairy families have their own traditions, but one thing we learned on our trip to the dairy farm a few summers ago was that the cows still have to be milked on Christmas day, so those farmers are always working. So I love knowing that when I purchase Prairie Farms products at our local grocery store, I am supporting the hard working dairy families out there like the Henrichs family who we met a few years ago.
Here are a few tips for my Baked Cranberry Cream Cheese French Toast recipe.
- I like using a thick brioche style bread because it soaks up the filling, but feel free to use whatever you think your family will like.
- Use a microplane zester on the orange for a super fine zest.
- Keep your cream cheese cold until you need to dice it, it cuts easier.
- It’s not necessary to chop the cranberries, they will pop in the oven.
- You can make this recipe the day of, but it’s even better if you can make the day before and store in the fridge overnight!
- Make sure to let it sit out for about 30 minutes on the counter before baking if you do make it the night before, you don’t want your dish to go into the oven too cold.
- I love this baking dish because it has a cover to store overnight in the fridge and for any leftovers.